It’s a fact:
A lot of men are opting to cut their own hair at home.
The question is, why?
Well, it could be because:
- Self haircuts are cheap.
- They get to save time.
- And some modern self haircutting tools are quite effective and easy to use.
So, it is evident why self cut hair clippers seem to be trending nowadays.
- Accessory-rich kit
- Durable and effective blades
- Waterproof, hence, easily washable
- 40-minute runtime
If you are among those trying to learn how to cut your own hair men, you are in luck.
This post details everything you need to know about the best hair clippers and tools for self-cutting.
Without further ado, let’s look at each and which features earn it a spot on this top five list…
MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro
The 5 Best Self Hair Cutting Devices
Before we dive into the list, you should note that:
- Cordless clippers offer a lot of flexibility and reach; especially for self-cutting. However, it limits you in terms of the runtime; most of these clippers will operate optimally for less than an hour.
- On the other hand, a corded clipper can be stressful (especially if it comes with a short power cord). However, these clippers are often the best in terms of performance, power, and durability.
That means that there’s no specific favorite/ideal clipper for self-cutting.
The best clipper you’ll get is one that meets most – if not all – of your preferences and expectations.
With that in mind, here are my top 5 tool recommendations:
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
Overall Remark: It is the best cordless hair clipper for self-cutting.Check price on Amazon
At the top of our list is the Remington Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit.
Well, this weirdly shaped hair clipper is all about flexibility, easy-handling, and a little bit of power; basically, everything you need from self-cut hair clippers.
When searching for the best self haircut kit, ask yourself these two questions…
- What are its perks?
- What are its downsides?
In terms of perks, the Remington Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut clipper boasts of very ergonomic design and shape that’s quite easy to hold and handle.
The fact that it’s cordless and fits perfectly into your hand makes it your best bet at making professional-looking haircuts.
With it, you can comfortably cut even the hardest spots to reach ensuring that you end up with an even cut all around.
Other perks include:
- Accessory-rich kit.
- Durable and effective blades.
- Mid-range, rechargeable battery offering 40 minutes of run time.
- Waterproof, hence, easily washable.
On the downside, you won’t like:
- Its short, 40-minute runtime.
- 4-hour charge time requirement.
All in all, this cordless clipper is great; especially for beginners who want to self-cut. However, here are four more cordless alternatives you can use:
Hatteker Pro Cordless
BuySShow Quiet Clipper
Wahl Color Pro Cordless
Wahl Self-Cut Personal Haircutting Kit
Overall Remark: It is the best corded hair clipper for self-cutting.Check price on Amazon
If you aren’t a fan of cordless clippers and prefer the raw and unrivaled power that comes with corded clippers, then the Wahl Clipper Self-Cut Personal Haircutting Kit is exactly what you want.
This clipper is great for self-haircuts because it comes in a compact size for an easy and comfortable grip.
You get to enjoy whisper-quiet, snag-free self-cuts thanks to its silent yet powerful heavy-duty motor.
And that’s not the best part…
Its high-precision ground blades work like a charm making home clipping easy and convenient for pros and newbies alike.
Other perks include:
- Self-sharpening blades.
- Easy to handle and use.
- 25% smaller than standard corded clippers.
- Comes in a 22-piece personal haircutting kit.
- Features a smooth and accessible taper lever.
- Ideal for men with thick hair.
However, you won’t like:
- Despite being advertised as whisper-quiet, this clipper sometimes gets noisy according to user reviews.
Luckily, this isn’t the only corded hair clipper you can use at home. Here are four other suggestions you can check out:
Wahl Home Barber
Wahl Elite Pro
Oster Fast Feed
MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Self-Haircut Kit
Overall Remark: It is the best back hair shaver for self-cutting.Check price on Amazon
The MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver is also one of the most useful and effective hair cutting tools for self cutting.
Unlike hair trimmer and clipper, this tool is primarily meant for self-cutting back hair.
Yes, it makes cutting hard-to-reach back hair effortless and fast thanks to its unique design and lightness.
It features wide blades, hence, increasing the cutting area.
What else will you like about this shaver?
- Sleek and easy design.
- 5-hour battery life.
- A 135-degree shaving angle.
- Easy to use.
On the downside:
- It comes with a very short and limited 2-year warranty.
We can all agree that this self-cutting shaver is a handy tool. However, if it’s not your ideal choice, you have other options including:
- BRO SHAVER Back Hair Shaver
- baKblade 2.0 ELITE PLUS - Back Hair Removal and Body Shaver
- No products found.
- No products found.
Black Widow Gold and Matte Straight Edge Razor
Overall Remark: It is the best head and beards straight razor for self-cutting.Check price on Amazon
If you’ve been wondering:
What about my personal beard grooming?
The Black Widow Gold and Matte Straight Edge Razor is one of the best you’ll find today.
It’s not only affordable but also designed to offer a balanced and comfy grip during beard grooming and clean haircuts.
When it comes to beard razors, there’s isn’t much to say.
However, if you are wondering why I chose this tool as the best self-cutting beard razor, here are a few perks that come with it:
- It’s very lightweight.
- It is 100% rust-resistance; hence, very durable
- Ideal for those looking for smooth and precise cuts.
- It can be used for both home and professional haircuts.
Although, you won’t like:
- The fact that it can fall apart after several uses; probably because of poor design or weak screws.
Not your type? Here are a few other great options for you:
- Utopia Care Straight Edge Razor
- Equinox Professional Straight Edge Razor
- Hunter Jack Beard Grooming Kit for Men
- Classic Samurai CS-102 Professional Barber Straight Edge Razor
Hair Line Shaping Tools
Overall Remark: They are the best hair lining tools for self-cutting.
If you’ve been looking for ways on how to line up your own hair at home like a pro, you should get yourself these hair line up tools.
These are tools you use to help guide your hair clipper resulting in asymmetric, professional-looking hairlines.
The best part is that there are tons of them on the market, thus, making it easy for anyone to cut the best hair line up with ease.
Some of the most common ones include:
- BEARDCLASS Beard Shaping Tool
- Aberlite Beard Shaper - FlexShaper Neckline Guide
- Revo Haircut Kit - Beard, Hair and Neckline Shaving Template
- The Cut Buddy As Seen On Shark Tank
- The Beard Black Beard Shaping & Styling Tool with inbuilt Comb
And there you have it – the best self hair cutting tools you need to make pro haircuts at home.
Basically, these are essential tools for anyone trying to learn how to cut your own hair men; from Remington hair clippers to simple grooming and styling tools.
Before I wrap up, here are a few hair lining tips for you…
Quick Guide: How to Line Up Hair by Yourself
Tired of reading? Here’s a quick tutorial video:
If you don’t have the self-cut system used in the video above, you can use the shaping tools mentioned earlier.
They are easy to use and very affordable.
So, what are your thoughts on this?
I know there are tons of tools that I may have left out. If you know of any, don’t hesitate to share them in the comments section below.