Grooming Tips: How To Clean A Beard Properly
Here’s the thing:
An itching beard is discomforting, dandruff is embarrassing, and dryness makes the face look boring.
As a man who wants to sustain his macho look, what do you do if you have (or are trying to avoid) one of these problems?
In today’s post:
I’ll be letting you in on exactly what you should do to keep things neat and well-groomed. There’s also a bonus tips section, so keep an eye out.
How to Groom Dirty, Thick, and Curly Facial Hair to Perfection in 6 Easy Steps
For this procedure, you’ll need:
- Warm water
- Beard wash
- Beard softener/conditioner
- Beard oil/utility balm
- Microfiber towel
- Hairdryer (optional)
Follow these six easy steps for a perfectly balanced beard cleaning:
Best Procedure on How To Clean a Beard
- Wash your beard with lukewarm water. This opens the pores and enhances blood circulation, allowing for a more effective wash.
- Build up a lather with one drop of a beard wash.
- Massage lather into beard. For about 30 to 60 seconds, use your fingertips to dig deep into all directions of the beard. This action cleans skin better, leaving the face hydrated and beard follicles stimulated for improved hair growth.
- Rinse lather out with warm water by running your fingers through the beard at a steady pace. Consider rinsing twice to completely remove soap residue.
- Pat down your beard with a microfiber towel. This kind of towel absorbs faster, cutting down on drying time. Also, it’s gentler (minimizes damage to wet hair as it doesn’t pull at the root).
- Pour a tiny drop or two of your preferred softener on your palm; rub it against the other; apply it to your beard in a gentle motion; then, allow it to sit in for some minutes. After five minutes, wash off the conditioner and towel dry. While the beard is still damp, apply one or two drops of beard oil while using your hand to shape/style.
To properly wash your beard, simply:
- Apply beard shampoo.
- Massage/work the shampoo onto the skin and beard.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Towel dry. This is assuming you have a beard of standard thickness and length.
For a thicker, wiry beard, you’ll need to follow up with a conditioner. Moreover, beard oil or balm adds a nice finishing touch in both cases.
Have any more questions or is there something you’d like to call my attention to? If any, don’t hesitate to use the comment box below.
Frequently Asked Questions
More from Mike Medders
55 Men's Fade Haircuts That Will Make You Love Your Hair
Do you want to recreate the hottest fades in town? Good choice! Fade haircuts are edgy, youthful, and neat . However,…
2023’s 5 Best Beard Products to Buy for a Healthy, Charming Beard
Head’s up gents: No-Shave-November is just 3 months away . And that means you have to double down on your grooming…