An A-List Of 50 Evergreen Best Short Haircuts For Men
- 1) Heavy Textured Fringe + High Taper
- 2) Short Sweep Back + Low Fade
- 3) Short Kinky Curly Temple Fade
- 4) Buzz Cut + Mid Fade
- 5) Faux Hawk
- 6) High Fade Quiff
- 7) Blunt Fringe
- 8) Steve McQueen's Signature Haircut
- 9) Slick Quiff
- 10) Classic Quiff + Medium Taper
- 11) Rockabilly Quiff
- 12) Short Caesar
- 13) Swirl (Wave) Haircut
- 14) Messy Low Fade
- 15) Spiky Mohawk
- 16) Textured Crop With Lifted Bangs
- 17) Hard Part Pompadour
- 18) Classic Pompadour
- 19) Parted Pompadour + Corporate Beard
- 20) Mullet
- 21) Buzz Cut Temple Fade
- 22) Slick Back + Taper Fade
- 23) Finger Coils
- 24) Middle Part + Fringes
- 25) Ombre Short Finger Coils
- 26) High Fade + Curls + Bangs
- 27) Temple Fade + Curls + Heavy Bangs
- 28) French Crop + Artistic Side Cuts
- 29) Dyed French Crop
- 30) Modern Afro
- 31) Temple Fade + Short Hair
- 32) High Top Fade
- 33) 360 Waves
- 34) Crop Top Hair
- 35) Line Up 360 Waves + Beards
- 36) Braid + Line up
- 37) Spiky Faux Hawk
- 38) Man Bun
- 39) Textured Crop Top
- 40) Textured Messy Short Haircut
- 41) Side Swept Punk
- 42) Mullet-Hawk
- 43) Textured Slick Back
- 44) Spooky Afro
- 45) Side Swept Wavy Hair
- 46) Punk + Mid Fade
- 47) Short Bob Cut
- 48) French Crop + Artistic Sides
- 49) Bowl Cut
- 50) Skull Fade + Boxed Beard
Let’s be honest:
For us guys, there’s almost nothing that makes our day as leaving the barbershop looking great and feeling confident.
But we all must know this:
Choosing a professional, skilled barber will only get you a clean, fresh haircut. Whether it will fit your face or not is a question of choosing the right style for your face shape and hair type.
To that end:
Below is a list of 50 evergreen best short haircuts for men. I will review each style and show you the type of face shape and hair type it is best for.
1) Heavy Textured Fringe + High Taper
Fringe is an excellent short haircut for guys who want to elongate their faces. Fringes also help to conceal a big forehead when paired with a high fade by the sides of the hair.
- Go for 2-4inches of hair length
- Apply pomade/matte clay for a messy look
- Use hairspray to give your hair structure
2) Short Sweep Back + Low Fade
Here's the thing:
A Sweep Back widens, exposes, and draws attention to the forehead. When paired with a Low Fade, it makes for a versatile men’s short haircut.
Brad Pitt styled it in the movie “Fury” but, with a High Fade.
- Style with wax for lasting hold
- Use a wide-toothed comb to slick hair back
- Keep edges neat and attractive
3) Short Kinky Curly Temple Fade
A Curly Temple Fade is shaped along the hairlines for sharp, crisp highlights. Unruly, kinky, curly hair can be tamed and given a neat appearance when combined with a temple fade.
- Apply a strong-hold pomade to keep curls in place
- This style is better achieved with damp hair
- Make hairlines with high precision
4) Buzz Cut + Mid Fade
With new variations of Buzz Cut gracing our screens daily, this one here is so clean and definitely one to try. All you have to do is add a Mid Fade to a right-side parted Buzz Cut to look super dapper.
- Protect the scalp with sunscreen
- Apply hair wax for shielding effects
- Brush hair regularly and keep edges neat
5) Faux Hawk
A Faux Hawk shows up on almost every list of official short haircuts for men and we are loving it. Pair it with any beard style of your choice and complete the look with some nice shades.
- Apply a small amount of wax or gel to your hair
- Blow dry it into shape regularly
- Lock it in place with a high-hold spray
6) High Fade Quiff
A well-textured high fade quiff is a fantastic choice for men looking to elongate their face and diminishes the forehead’s width. The high fade highlights the quiff on top and the hair’s edges.
- Pre-style hair with high-hold wax.
- Always work with clean, conditioned hair.
- Add extra length to the top hair to show off the volume.
7) Blunt Fringe
A Blunt Fringe gives the face a neat appearance. With a distinct edge, its high top stands above the fade but still neatly transitions into the hair at the sides.
If you want to bring balance to your face by widening the forehead, go for a Blunt Fringe.
- Go for 2-4 inches of hair length on top
- Spray with seawater to avoid flattening
- Apply molding putty for texture
8) Steve McQueen's Signature Haircut
Whether with curly, straight, or wavy hair, anybody can rock Steve McQueen’s signature haircut. It is a medium-length, one-size-all-over men’s short haircut excellent for interviews and business meetings.
- Apply a shine-free matte finish wax
- Trim sideburns to mid-ear to create a formal look
- Blow dry hair using low heat
9) Slick Quiff
Here's the thing:
For this style, work the bulk of the top hair in an upward-backward direction, trim the back and sides of the hair, and apply your favorite product for a polished look.
- Apply medium-hold styling paste
- Use a volumizing spray for volume and texture
- Restyle from time to time to maintain your look
10) Classic Quiff + Medium Taper
A Classic Quiff is a voluminously uniform men’s short haircut that calls for a glossy finish. It is paired with a Medium Taper in today's fashion world for a trendsetting look.
- Style with a high-shine pomade/gel
- Apply sea salt spray for thickness/volume
- Set with a low-heat hairdryer
11) Rockabilly Quiff
Rockabilly Quiff is a traditional Quiff variation that has been around for as far back as the 1940s. Famous people who spotted it the most were Alex Turner and James Dean.
- Apply high-hold pomade
- Style with a wide-toothed comb
- Go for a medium-shine look
12) Short Caesar
A Short Caesar is a 1-2 inches layered low profile style with horizontally straight cut bangs and Medium Fades. It is classic, fashionable, and doesn’t require high maintenance.
- Keep the top hair at a uniform length
- Comb the top hair forward
- Style fades downward
13) Swirl (Wave) Haircut
A Swirl, also known as Whorl or Baby Cut, gives you the cute look of a baby. It can be styled at home with a cordless clipper and will pass for a formal or informal occasion.
- Apply 360 wave pomade for natural waves
- Comb with a wave hairbrush
- Protect the scalp with sunscreen
14) Messy Low Fade
Ivy Leagues are good haircut styles for men in the military and college students. As a variation of Ivy League, a Messy Low Fade features a messy top and a low fade.
- Keep the top hair messy
- Brush the Low Fade downward
- Moisturize hair with hair cream for a neat, shiny look
15) Spiky Mohawk
You can take the rockstar-look-giving power of a Mohawk up a notch with structured spikes that stay up all day. A Spiky Mohawk is one of the edgiest short haircuts for men who dare to be different.
- Style with high-hold wax for structure
- Trim hair at medium length
- Pair it with a voluminous beard
16) Textured Crop With Lifted Bangs
This is a chic, rugged way to rock your short hair. A Textured Crop features a Fringe top and cropped side and back. But instead of blunt bangs, the bangs featured in this style are lifted off the forehead.
- Style with a matte finish pomade
- Add wax to soft hair to enrich thickness
- Use sea salt spray for texture
17) Hard Part Pompadour
Pompadour is one of the earliest American-adopted short hairstyles for men. To achieve this style, style your pompadour to the side, then pair it with a hard part and a mid fade.
- Apply sea salt spray for volume
- Keep the top hair 3-4 inches longer than other parts of the hair
- Style with water-based high-hold pomade
18) Classic Pompadour
This is what the earliest Pompadour style used to be before modern-day barbers created tons of variations. For a Classic Pompadour, the hair length is uniform. It is voluminous, styled backward, and greasy.
- Apply hair wax and pomade for strong pomp
- Use a medium to wide-toothed comb to style hair backward
- Use a hair spray to finish your look
19) Parted Pompadour + Corporate Beard
Keep your short hair simple, clean, and stylish with a Parted Pompadour that never runs out of style. Pair it with a Corporate beard for a dapper, more masculine look.
- Style pomp with hair gel
- Brush with a fine-toothed comb for maximum control
- Style hair towards the part of your face that suits you best
A Mullet haircut looks like a mohawk but has a longer, more shiny hair strip to the center of the head. But in recent times, letting the middle hair strip extend to shoulder length is no longer a trend. Pair your mullet haircut with a nice fade to highlight your edges.
- Mold the front top hair into a pompadour or quiff-like style
- Apply gel to your hair
- Use a salt spray to finish your look
21) Buzz Cut Temple Fade
This hairstyle features a buzz cut paired with a temple fade. To achieve this style, trim your overall hair short, leave top hair to about 1-2 inches, and add a temple fade.
- Use the number 2 blade size for the top hair
- Apply a small amount of pomade to your hair
- Brush hair frequently
22) Slick Back + Taper Fade
Here's the thing:
Slick Back is one of the most popular men's short haircuts that lends itself to every face shape except round faces. It is stylish, easy to recreate, and works well for both formal and informal events.
- Avoid touching your hair after styling
- Apply hair products sparingly
- Use a wide-toothed comb to slick your hair back
23) Finger Coils
Finger Coils is another nice way to rock a short haircut. However, the coils often flatten out too quickly, hence requiring much maintenance.
- Always start with clean, damp hair
- Comb out tangles and undo knots before styling
- Apply leave-in conditioner
24) Middle Part + Fringes
This hairstyle is low-maintenance and doesn't require frequent trips to the barber. Part your hair in the middle, from the front to the midsection of your head. Then, style your fringes as you wish.
- Keep your hair neat
- Trim fringes neatly
- Apply hairspray to secure your look
25) Ombre Short Finger Coils
Take your Finger Coiling game up a notch by adding a splash of ombre color to the tip of each short curl. This haircut is a great choice for guys who want to be noticed at clubs and dinner parties.
- Comb out with a wide-toothed comb
- Apply curl gel to sectioned hair
- Use a coiling brush
26) High Fade + Curls + Bangs
As we all know, curls give the face a sexy appearance. But when paired with a High Fade, a touch of masculinity is added to the overall look.
- Prep hair with curly-hair shampoo
- Always comb hair from the bottom up
- Get regular trims
27) Temple Fade + Curls + Heavy Bangs
The voluminous bangs of this men’s short haircut help to hide a wide forehead or a metopic ridge. And if growing a beard is part of your fashion game, pair this haircut with a goatee for a gentlemanly look.
- Consider a hydrating hair mask to moisturize your hair
- Use a wet brush to brush the top hair
- Air-dry, not bowl-dry, to avoid frizzy hair
28) French Crop + Artistic Side Cuts
Here's the thing:
A French Crop is similar to a Caesar cut. The back and side hair are faded, and the top longer top hair is swept in the desired direction. Adding artistic cuts to the two sides will heighten your look and give it an edgy feel.
- Apply a matte finish product to your hair
- Blow dry the hair at medium heat
- Use texturizers to improve hair's texture
29) Dyed French Crop
You can show up on your first day at work or an interview with a classic French Crop on.
A dyed French Crop is one of those short haircuts for men that’s only appropriate for informal events like parties and clubs.
- Blow dry hair at a slow speed
- Apply heat protective spray to curb color fades
- Wash less frequently to maintain hair tone
30) Modern Afro
This haircut is a clean, shiny, bold, and voluminous short haircut for adults and children. Comb up your afro, finger coil the ends, and use hair gel to create spikes.
- Style with high-shine pomade
- Apply water-based oil
- Use a leave-in conditioner
31) Temple Fade + Short Hair
Here’s another dope haircut for guys who want something simple and short. When properly taken care of, the short hair is suited for both official and casual outings.
- Style your hair with high-shine products
- Lubricate hair frequently
- Brush hair regularly
32) High Top Fade
The High Top Fade was Christopher Reid’s signature hairstyle throughout his role in the 1990s tv series Kid n’ Play. It is one of the good haircut styles for high school students and teens in college. However, this is a fantastic choice for men looking to show their youthful selves.
- Opt for 8-9 inches height on top hair
- Apply high-hold wax for structure
- Trim regularly for neatness
33) 360 Waves
Here is one of the short haircuts for men who want to look dapper at a low cost. A 360 Waves cut is a simple but classic style you can achieve at home. Here’s how to get 360 Waves.
- Wash hair with wave shampoo
- Put on a durag after styling to keep the waves intact
- Brush hair frequently
34) Crop Top Hair
This hairstyle features a crop top with short bangs and a mid fade. Trim hair around the hair short, but leave the top hair to 1-2 inches and style your bangs neatly. Pair this style with a high fade to complete your look.
- Trim hair frequently
- Brush hair edges and keep them neat
- Apply salt spray to complete your look
35) Line Up 360 Waves + Beards
Here's the thing:
A 360 Waves haircut is cool, but it gets hot when upgraded with a Line-Up and paired with a mustache and beard. You need to grow waves for this style, if you don’t already have one.
- Retouch the line-up frequently
- Brush the hair thrice a day
- Apply beard oil to the beard to retain moisture and give it a neat, shiny look
36) Braid + Line up
This is more of a hairstyle than a cut, but it’s another stylish short-hair design for a man. Simply braid your hair, fade the back and the sides, and finally line it up to look smart on you. You can also pack it up into a man bun or ponytail.
- Get creative with the braids. You can add tones to your hair if you wish
- Do a braid touch-up continuously
- Moisturize daily to keep hair shiny
37) Spiky Faux Hawk
How do you trim a Faux Hawk?
Use a clipper to fade the back and the two sides of the head, and disconnect the longer top from them. Finally, apply spiker gel to the top for well-defined spikes.
- Apply a strong-hold wax for lasting spikes
- Warm the hair before using spiker gel
- Finish your look with hairspray
38) Man Bun
A Man Bun is the best choice for every gentleman who wants to rock a hipster look. However, this variation stands out with shaved sides and back and ties the bun to the crown.
- Disconnect the bun from the shaved regions
- Apply pomade to give a shiny look
- Add a line-up to hair edges
39) Textured Crop Top
Rock a French Crop in a masculine way by slicking the top part and pairing it with a high fade to give an edgy cut. This haircut is an excellent choice for a club or a house party.
- Towel-dry the hair after showering
- Keep bangs short and style as desired
- Detangle knots before styling
40) Textured Messy Short Haircut
Here's the thing:
You can look wild, yet fresh, with a chic messy short haircut. Whether for a business meeting or an interview, this is one of the best short hairstyles for men in the business world. Pair this style with a soft side part for an elegant look.
- Apply high-shine pomade or wax to your messy look
- Lubricate regularly
- Add an edge-up to highlight edges neatly
41) Side Swept Punk
If you have a receding hairline, this may be an easy way to make it look good. Simply apply wax to a Punk and style backward. Pair with a high fade for a balanced look.
- Brush hair with a wide-toothed comb
- Apply a strong-hold wax
- Spray with sea salt for texture
This isn’t the type of hairstyle to show up with at an interview. But when it comes to clubbing, a Mullet-Hawk will make you look wild. However, this hairstyle elongates the face so consider your face shape before opting for it.
- Style the front hair to the backwards
- You can pair this style with a beard if you have one
- Apply hair pomade to secure your look
43) Textured Slick Back
We’ve seen Brad Pitt rock a Slick Back in several blockbusters, and we’ve replicated it. For this style, add a little bit of volume to the top hair and slick it back nicely. Trim the lower part of the back hair to finish your look.
- Apply a sea salt spray for texture
- Style with high-shine gel
- Keep your hair neat and edges neater
44) Spooky Afro
This men’s short hairstyle elongates the face, reduces its width, and completes your outfit for a road trip, movie premiere, or festival. It also requires a bit of regular hair maintenance.
- Wash soft hair with a thickening shampoo
- Rub with a high-hold wax
- Comb upwards and apply styling products to create spikes
45) Side Swept Wavy Hair
If you have a fat face and want to give it a slim appearance, a Side Swept Wave haircut will help achieve that. Pair with a low taper fade to slim the sides and highlight the wavy top in a way that elongates the face stylishly.
- Keep the hair dry
- Style hair with a regular pomade
- Brush to the right side and pair with a soft part
46) Punk + Mid Fade
Rock this stylish haircut for boldness if you’re ready to commit to a high-maintenance style. It’s a creative way to balance the face length and width.
- Feel free to pair your punk style with a mid fade
- Adopt a regular hair cream application and apply sunscreen to the scalp
- Brush the hair regularly
47) Short Bob Cut
A Short Bob cut is a versatile one for both ladies and gentlemen. However, it is popular in high schools and colleges and works well for informal events. Feel free to go with the length of the bob cut you feel most comfortable with.
- Brush the two sides in opposite directions
- Spray your hair using sea salt spray
- Style with wax for a matte finish
48) French Crop + Artistic Sides
Here's the thing:
If you love the smartness of a French Crop but want to rock it in a unique way, this is the perfect men’s short haircut for you. Simply add an artistic design to each side of a French Crop.
- Moisturize and shampoo-wash hair promptly
- Opt for designs that aren't too extra or that conceal the beauty of the haircut
- Reshape the line-up regularly to maintain hairstyle
49) Bowl Cut
The Bowl Cut is back and better with several modern variations that add an edgy look and extra finesse to the face. You’re unlikely to go wrong when you pair it with a beard style of your choice or go all-natural.
- Towel-dry and avoid blow dryers
- Style with hair gel
- Feel free to experiment with several tones for a creative look
50) Skull Fade + Boxed Beard
Here’s the close to the list: a Skull Fade paired with a Boxed Beard. This combo is for those who like to make statements in the business world. It’s simple yet professional-looking.
- Be consistent with blade size to ensure uniformity
- Connect the beard to the hairstyle
- Moisturize with hair oil
Being in control of your fashion game is more about having the best styling ideas and knowing what’s good for you. In this article, I have reviewed the top 50 short haircuts for men.
Remember to do this:
Check each of these reviewed good haircut styles meticulously. Choose the ones that are perfect for your face shape and hair type. And finally, make sure your choices complement your lifestyle and personality.
With that said:
If we missed anything or you want to share your best short hairstyles for men with us, kindly use the comment section.
Until then, stay safe and keep looking awesome.