An A-List Of 50 Evergreen Best Short Haircuts For Men
Let’s be honest:
For us guys, there’s almost nothing that makes our day as leaving the barbershop looking great and feeling confident.
But we all must know this:
Choosing a professional, skilled barber will only get you a clean, fresh haircut. Whether it will fit your face or not is a question of choosing the right style for your face shape and hair type.
To that end:
Below is a list of 50 evergreen best short haircuts for men. I will review each style and show you the type of face shape and hair type it is best for.
1) Heavy Textured Fringe + High Taper
Fringe (AKA men’s bangs), is a cool trendsetting short haircut for guys who want to elongate their faces. By pairing a Heavy Textured Fringe with a High Fade, you can also conceal a big forehead.
- Go for 2-4inches of hair length
- Apply pomade/matte clay for a messy look
- Use hairspray for structure
2) Short Sweep Back + Low Fade
A Sweep Back widens, exposes, and draws attention to the forehead. When paired with a Low Fade, it makes for a versatile men’s short haircut.
Brad Pitt styled it in the movie “Fury” but, with a High Fade.
- Style with wax for lasting hold
- Use a wide-toothed comb
- Avoid a greasy look
3) Short Kinky Curly Temple Fade
Unruly, kinky, curly hair can be tamed and given a neat appearance with a Short Curly Temple Fade. Also called “Brooklyn hair,” a Curly Temple Fade is shaped along the hairlines for sharp, crisp highlights.
- Tame with a strong-hold pomade
- It is best styled when hair is damp
- Make hairlines with high precision
4) Buzz Cut + Mid Fade
The American Gen-Z’s zeitgeist is filled with new variations of Buzz Cut and this one here is so clean. All you have to do is add a Mid Fade to a right-side parted Buzz Cut to look super dapper.
- Protect the scalp with sunscreen
- Apply hair wax for shielding effects
- Brush it regularly
5) Faux Hawk
A Faux Hawk shows up on almost every list of official short haircuts for men and we are loving it. Pair it with any beard style of your choice and complete the look with some nice shades.
- Apply a small amount of wax or gel
- Blowdry it into shape regularly
- Lock it in place with high hold spray
6) High Fade Quiff
Our elderly folks are looking younger with a well-textured High Fade Quiff shining above their spectacles. This cool iconic hair design for man elongates the face and diminishes the forehead’s width.
- Pre-style with high-hold wax
- Always work with clean conditioned hair
- Avoid touching the hair after styling
7) Blunt Fringe
A Blunt Fringe gives the face a neat appearance. With a distinct edge, its high top stands above the Fader. If you want to bring balance to your face by widening the forehead a bit, go for a Blunt Fringe.
- Go for 2-4 inches hair length
- Spray with seawater to avoid flattening
- Apply molding putty for texture
9) Slick Quiff
Style the bulk of the top hair in an upward-backward direction, trim the back and sides of the hair, and apply your favorite product. And there you have a Slick Quiff, a polished short hair design for men.
- Apply medium-hold styling paste
- Use a volumizing spray for volume and texture
- Restyle from time to time
10) Classic Quiff + Medium Taper
A Classic Quiff is a voluminously uniform men’s short haircut that calls for a glossy finish. In today’s fashion world, it is getting paired with a Medium Taper for a trend-setting look.
- Style with high-shine pomade/gel
- Apply sea salt spray for thickness/volume
- Set with a low-heat hairdryer
11) Rockabilly Quiff
Rockabilly Quiff is a traditional Quiff variation that has been around for as far back as the 1940s. Famous people who spotted it the most were Alex Turner and James Dean.
- Apply high-hold pomade
- Style with a wide-toothed comb
- Go for a medium-shine look
12) Short Caesar
A Short Caesar is a 1-2inches layered low profile style with horizontally straight cut bangs and Medium Fades. It is a classic, fashionable men’s short haircut that doesn’t require high maintenance.
- Apply 360 wave pomade for natural waves
- Comb with a wave hairbrush
- Protect the scalp with sunscreen
13) Swirl (Wave) Haircut
14) Messy Low Fade
Ivy Leagues are good haircut styles for men in the military and college students. As a variation of Ivy League, a Messy Low Fade isn’t styled in a specific direction just for a messy look.
- Keep the top hair messy
- Brush the Low Fade downward
- Moisturize with hair cream
15) Spiky Mohawk
Take the rockstar-look-giving power of a Mohawk up a notch with structured spikes that stay up all day. A Spiky Mohawk is one of the edgiest short haircuts for men who dare to be different.
- Style with high-hold wax for structure
- Trim hair at medium length
- Pair it with a voluminous beard
16) Textured Crop With Lifted Bangs
This is a sexy rugged way to rock your short hair. Technically, a typical Textured Crop features a Fringe top and cropped side and back. But instead of blunt bangs, the bangs on this one are lifted off the forehead.
- Style with a matte finish pomade
- Add thickness to soft hair with wax
- Use sea salt spray for texture
17) Hard Part Pompadour
Pompadour is one of the earliest American-adopted short hairstyles for men. Today, a Hard Part Pompadour paired with a Mid Fade is trending for an elegant, masculine look.
- Aim for volume with a sea salt spray
- Keep the top hair 3-4 inches long
- Style with water-based high-hold pomade
18) Classic Pompadour
This is what the earliest Pompadour style used to be before us modern-day barbers created tons of variations. For a Classic Pompadour, the hair length is uniform, it is voluminous, styled backward, and greasy.
- Cocktail hair wax and pomade for a strong pump
- Consider a hair spray
- Use medium to wide-toothed comb
19) Parted Buzz-Inspired Pompadour
Keep your short hair simple, clean, and stylish with a Parted Buzz-inspired Pompadour that never runs out of style. Pair it with a Corporate beard for a dapper, more masculine look.
- Style with hair gel
- Brush with fine-toothed comb for max control
- Part to the right
A Mullet haircut looks like a mohawk but has a longer, more shiny hair strip to the center of the head. But in recent times, letting the middle hair strip extend to shoulder-length is no longer a thing.
- Mold the front top into a pompadour-like style
- Apply gel
- Use salt spray
21) Buzz Cut Temple Fade
How do you spot the perfect short haircut to that weekend party when your barber isn’t around? Simple answer: grab your home hair clipper and trim a nice Buzz Cut with High Fade.
- Use number 2 blade size for the top
- Add pomade lightly
- Comb frequently
22) Slick Back
Slick Back is one of the most popular men's short haircuts that lends itself to every face shape except round faces. It is stylish, easy to recreate, and can pass for both formal and informal events.
- Don’t touch it after styling
- Don’t overdose on products
- Use wide-toothed combs
23) Finger Coils
Finger Coils is a feminine short hair design for men. It gives you a sexy look but can be difficult to maintain. There are many variations of Finger Coil, however, the coils often flatten out too quickly.
- Always start with damp hair
- Comb out tangles before styling
- Apply leave-in conditioner
25) Ombre Short Finger Coils
Take your Finger Coiling game up a notch by adding a splash of ombre color to the tip of each short curl. This is the latest men's haircut for the guys who want to be noticed at a dinner party.
- Comb out with a wide-toothed comb
- Apply curl gel to sectioned hair
- Use a coiling brush
26) High Fade + Curls + Bangs
This is the type of hairstyle to wear to a movie premiere. As we all know, curls give the face a sexy appearance. But when paired with a High Fade, a touch of masculinity is added to the overall look.
- Prep hair with curly-hair shampoo
- Always comb hair from the bottom up
- Get regular trims
27) Temple Fade + Curls + Heavy Bangs
The voluminous bangs of this men’s short haircut help to hide a wide forehead or a metopic ridge. And if growing a beard is part of your fashion game, pair this haircut with a goatee for a gentlemanly look.
- Consider a hydrating mask
- Use a wet brush
- Air-dry, not bowl-dry, to avoid frizzy hair
28) French Crop + Artistic Side Cuts
A French Crop is similar to a Caesar cut. The back and side hair are faded and the top longer top hair is swept to the desired direction. Adding artistic cuts to the two sides will give you a gangsterish look.
- Use a matte finish product
- Blowdry the hair at medium heat
- Aim for texture
29) Dyed French Crop
You can show up at an interview or first day at work with a classic French Crop on. However, a dyed French Crop is one of those short haircuts for men that’s only appropriate for parties.
- Blowdry at slow speed
- Apply heat protective spray to curb color fades
- Wash less frequently
30) Modern Afro + Artistic Side Patterns
This haircut was posted by Wahl Professional USA as their hair of the week on their Facebook page. It’s a clean, shiny, bold, and voluminous short haircut for both adults and children.
- Style with high-shine pomade
- Apply water-based oil
- Use a leave-in conditioner
31) Temple Fade + Tiny Finger Coils
Here’s another dope haircut for guys who want something super shiny and moderately voluminous. This Finger Coils variation is less messy and is therefore suited for both official and casual outings.
- Style with high-shine products
- Lubricate frequently
- Blow-dry less
32) Kid N’ Play High Top Fade
This High Top Fade was Christopher Reid’s signature hairstyle throughout his role in the 1990s tv series, Kid n’ Play. It is one of the good haircut styles for high school students.
- Trim for 8-9 inches height to the top
- Apply high-hold wax for structure
- Retrim for neatness
33) 360 Waves
Right here is one of the short haircuts for men who want to look dapper at a low cost. A 360 Waves cut is a simple but classic style that you can achieve at home. Here’s how to get 360 Waves.
- Wash hair with wave shampoo
- Put on a durag after styling
- Brush hair frequently
34) Tattoo Inspired Crop
If you like creativity and are a fan of tattoos, this is the perfect short hair design for man like you. It’s trend-setting, gangsterish, and will easily make you stand out of the crowd.
- Retrim as it grows
- Comb it frequently
- Apply salt spray
35) Line Up 360 Waves Connected to a Goatee
A 360 Waves haircut is cool but when upgraded with a Line-Up and paired with a goatee, it gets hot. This was one of the best men’s short hairstyles of 2020 and is still in vogue in 2022.
- Retouch the Line-up frequently
- Brush the hair thrice a day
- Apply beard oil to the beard
36) Line Up Braid
This is more of a hairstyle than a cut but well it’s another stylish short hair design for a man. Simply braid the top hair, fade the back and the sides, and finally line it up to look smart on you.
- Get creative with the braids
- Do a braid touchup continuously
- Moisturize daily
37) Spiky Faux Hawk
How do you trim a Faux Hawk? Do this: get a clipper fade to the back and the two sides of the head, and disconnect the longer top from them. Finally, apply spiker gel to the top for well-defined spikes.
- Apply a strong-hold wax for lasting spikes
- Warm the hair before using spiker gel
- Avoid touching styled spikes
38) Crown-tied Man Bun
A Man Bun is the best choice for every gentleman who wants to rock a hipster look. However, this variation stands out with shaved sides and back and ties the bun to the crown.
- Disconnect the bun from the shaved regions
- Make the bun shine
- Add a Line-up
39) Dyed Spiky Crop
Rock a French Crop in a genius way by popping it up with a mix of the colors of your choice and spiking the top part. This is the type of haircut to wear to a club or a house party.
- Towel-dry the hair after showering
- Avoid heat to prevent color fading
- Detangle knots before styling
40) Textured Messy Short Haircut
Look wild, yet fresh, with a Messy short haircut. Whether for a business meeting or an interview, this is one of the best short hairstyles for men in the business world.
- Apply high-shine pomade or wax
- Lubricate regularly
- Add an edge-up
41) Back Swept Punk + Side Part Line
If you have a receding hairline, this may be an easy way to make it look good. Simply apply wax to a Punk and style backward. Add in a side Part Line to make it look more trendy.
- Brush with a wide-toothed comb
- Apply a strong-hold wax
- Spray with sea salt for texture
42) Mullet-Hawk + Side Part Line
Now, this isn’t the type of hairstyle to show up with at an interview. But when it comes to clubbing, a Mullet-Hawk will make you look wild. Careful though as it also elongates the face.
- Brush the front hair to the side
- Pair with a beard
- Apply hair pomade
43) Textured Slick Back + V Back Line Up
We’ve seen Brad Pitt rock a Slick Back in several blockbusters and we’ve replicated it. This time, you can break the norms by adding a V-shaped back Line-up to this style to set a new trend.
- Apply a sea salt spray for texture
- Style with high-shine gel
- Brush backward
44) Spooky Afro + Low Fader
This men’s short hairstyle originated in India – Bollywood to be precise. It elongates the face, reduces its width, and completes your outfit to a road trip or a festival.
- Wash soft hair with a thickening shampoo
- Rub with a high-hold wax
- Comb upward
45) Side Swept Wavy Hair + Mid Fade
If you have a fat face and would like to give it a slim appearance, a Side Swept Wave haircut will help to achieve that. The Mid Fade slims the sides and the wavy top elongates the face in a stylish way.
- Keep the hair dry
- Style with a regular pomade
- Brush to the right side
46) Low Fader Punk
Rock this stylish haircut for boldness and cuteness if you’re ready to commit to high-maintenance beauty. It’s a creative way to bring balance to the face length and width.
- Trim a line-up
- Adopt regular hair cream application
- Brush the hair regularly
47) Short Bob Cut
A Short Bob cut is a versatile one for both ladies and gentlemen. However, it is popular in high schools and colleges and can pass for a Christmas party.
- Brush the two sides in opposite directions
- Spray with sea salt
- Style with wax for a matte finish
48) French Crop + Wavy Lineup Sides
If you love the smartness of a French Crop but want to rock it in a unique way, this is the perfect men’s short haircut for you. Simply add a wavy line-up to each side of a French Crop.
- Moisturize the hair promptly
- Shampoo-wash the hair frequently
- Reshape the line-up
49) Bowl Cut
The Bowl Cut is back and better with several modern variations that add an edgy look and extra finesse to the face. Pair it with a beard style of your choice or go all-natural, you’re unlikely to go wrong.
- Towel-dry and avoid blowdryers
- Style with a gel
- Experiment with variations
50) Skull Fade + Boxed Beard
So, here’s the close to the list: a Skull Fade paired with a Boxed Beard. This combo is for those who like to make statements in the business world. It’s simple yet professional-looking.
- Be consistent with blade size
- Connect the beard to the hairstyle
- Moisturize with hair oil
Being in control of your fashion game is more about having the best styling ideas and knowing what’s good for you. In this article, I have reviewed the top 50 short haircuts for men.
Remember to do this:
Check each of these reviewed good haircut styles meticulously. Choose the ones that are perfect for your face shape and hair type. And finally, make sure your choices complement your lifestyle and personality.
With that said:
If you missed anything or want to share with the rest of the site your best short hairstyles for men, use the comment section.
Until then, stay safe and keep looking awesome.