Every decent barber knows this:
To deliver charming, sleek, neat, and professional haircuts and styles, you need to use the right clipper and haircutting tools.
A lot of people – especially newbie barbers – don’t know much about hair clippers to know which ones are the best.
If you are new to the game (barbering), this post saves you the trouble of buying bad clippers by showing you those that offer you better service and more value.
Here, I’ll walk you through the top seven best professional barber clippers 2021 you should buy; plus, a few expert tips to get you started.
So, without further ado, let’s get down to business…
Wahl Magic Clip
Oster Classic 76
7 of the Best Professional Hair Clippers for Barbers
I know… I know….
We’ve already looked at the best hair clippers 2021 in an earlier post; so, some of you might be wondering whether it’s a repeat.
No! It’s not a repeat.
This post is about professional barber clippers only; not just a general article on the best hair clippers (for home and professional use).
A professional hair clipper is used for professional haircuts; by a professional barber.
With that in mind, here’s a list of good barber clippers for professional use:
Andis Professional Master
The biggest perk you get from the Andis Master professional hair clipper is the fact that it’s powered by a strong electromagnetic motor capable of delivering 14,000 cutting strokes per minute.Check price on Amazon
Let’s face it:
Even the newest of barbers know that the Andis Master is a force to be reckoned with.
This clipper’s strong electromagnetic motor delivers 14,000 SPM making it one of the fastest clippers on the market today.
That simply means that you get more power and speed with the Andis Master
This clipper comes with adjustable blades that can cut as low as #000 (0.5mm) and up to #1 (2.4mm). That makes it one of the best professional Andis hair clippers for tapering, fades, and all-round cutting.
- It has a very strong motor.
- Features a smooth and easily accessible taper lever.
- Has a nice and durable aluminum body.
- Features high-quality, carbon-steel blades that cut without snagging or pulling.
- It’s fairly easy to use and comfortable to handle over short periods.
- Plus, it has a cordless version.
However, you won’t like:
- It’s heating issues.
- You’ll have to spend more to buy hair clipper guards separately.
The 5-Star Magic Clip is arguably one of the best Wahl professional clippers on the market today.
This clipper is known for its stellar performance, charming looks, and ergonomic design.
What does that mean exactly?
It means that you get 90 minutes of snag-free, seamless, and flawless fading, blending, and haircutting regardless of how thick or wet/oily the hair is.
- Strong Lithium-Ion battery.
- High-precision, stagger-tooth, crunch blades (#2161).
- Powerful rotary motor.
- 8 attachment combs.
- Comfortable and appealing design
- Unrivaled flexibility.
Impressive, isn’t it?
Well, there are a few shortcomings as well. For example:
- Its crunch blades can be dangerously sharp at times.
- Its motor – although powerful – isn’t as strong as the V9000 you find in most Wahl hair clippers.
Why does the Classic 76 deserve a spot on this list?
Well, it’s not only durable but also an ideal workhorse for busy barbershops.
With the Classic 76, you will be able to cut through all kinds of hair quickly and smoothly. And that’s all thanks to its heavy-duty motor, groovy ergonomic design, and impressively sharp blades.
Without a doubt, this is one of the best barber clippers ever made and its performance is one for the books.
The Oster Classic 76 doesn’t feature a taper lever, but it does come with detachable blades that are quite easy to switch through.
- It has a textured casing for improved grip and handling.
- Its ability to cut through all hair types without any snags or pulls.
- The 76’s sheer power and impressive durability.
- No heating problems.
On the downside:
- It’s a bit heavy.
- Spare blades and guide combs will cost you a pretty penny.
Wahl Professional Senior
The Wahl Professional Senior is yet another hair clipping workhorse to consider. It’s durable, powerful, and very reliable.Check price on Amazon
Not an Oster Classic 76 fan?
Well, you should try the Wahl Professional Senior Hair Clipper.
Why have I compared it to the Classic 76?
That’s because these two hair clippers have so much alike in terms of performance.
- The Senior is also a heavy-duty, professional hair clipper just like the 76. It is powered by Wahl’s iconic V9000 motor that delivers swift and strong cutting strokes with ease.
- Also, much like the Classic 76, this clipper comes with high-precision, self-sharpening blades enabling it to cut through even the thickest of hair with ease.
- The Senior has a comfortable grip and an impressive design.
However, one of the main differences between the two is that the Senior comes with a taper lever; plus, an assortment of accessories, unlike the Oster Classic.
- Impressively powerful.
- Carries out heavy-duty work like a champ.
- Offers very close and precise cuts.
- It is reliable and durable.
- It’s incredibly fast.
On the downsides:
- You’ll experience heating problems.
- Plus, you don’t get as many accessories as you’d get in other Wahl clippers.
Oster Fast Feed
Whisper-quiet, classy, reliable, and a great performer – these are just a few of the best words that describe the Oster Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor hair clipper…Check price on Amazon
If you though the Classic 76 (above) was Oster’s only best barber clipper, you thought wrong.
The Oster Fast Feed is yet another professional hair clipper you should definitely consider.
So, what is it about the Fast Feed that makes it a great hair clipper?
Well, for one, it comes with a taper lever that allows you to switch through blade sizes seamlessly as you cut hair.
With it, you get to enjoy double the power of a standard pivot motor clipper without any noise inconvenience.
By no noise, I mean whisper-quiet operation.
And if the motors impressiveness doesn’t move you, maybe it’s high-quality Cryogen-X blades will.
All in all, the Oster Fast Feed is the clipper you go for when you want a strong clipper that’s effective but also very quiet and convenient for you and your clients.
- It has a taper lever making it ideal for fades and blending.
- It’s powerful yet gentle with minimal vibrations and no noise.
- Its high-quality blades are durable and allow for smooth and snag-free clipping.
- No heating problems.
- Impressively lightweight.
However, you won’t like:
- The fact that it needs zero-gap adjustments for the best results.
- Comes with a limited warranty and low-quality attachment combs.
All hail the king of customization… Yes! With the BaBylissPRO Barberology MetalFX Series hair clipper, styling and customization is always a walk in the park…Check price on Amazon
When it comes to hairstyle customization, the BaBylissPRO Barberology MetalFX Series Hair Clipper is definitely one of the top barber clippers to choose from.
For one, it’s often very precise allowing you to make sharp, straight, and awesome hairline designs without breaking a sweat.
Moreover, it has a beautifully textured casing that makes it easy to use and comfortable to grip.
It may not be the best of the best cordless hair clippers on this list, but the BaByliss MetalFX has been designed to deliver a decent amount of precision, power, and speed.
- Its two-hour-long runtime period.
- Strong, durable housing.
- A lot of flexibility.
- High precision.
- A taper lever.
- Designed by Ferrari engineers.
- Plus, it comes with 8 Guide combs.
On the downside:
- Its price tag does not match the features and perks it has to offer; i.e. expensive for no apparent reason.
Wahl Professional 5-Star Barber Combo
A two-in-one value pack is always a welcome choice. And when we are talking about hair clippers, the Wahl Professional 5-Star Barber Combo is as good as it gets…Check price on Amazon
Looking for more value?
The Wahl Professional 5-Star Barber Combo #8180 might be able to offer you just that.
This amazing barber combo comes with a Wahl 5-Star Legend clipper and Hero trimmer.
It’s your ultimate two-in-one pack.
The reason why this combo pack is considered one of the best professional barber clippers is that it equips you with all the tools you need to deliver high-quality haircuts and finishes.
On one hand, the 5-Star Legend clipper comes with amazing crunch blades that cut through all kinds of hair with ease; it’s also powered by a strong, reliable motor that allows for faster cutting.
On the other hand, the Hero hair trimmer features T-shaped blades and is excellent for finishes and hairline design.
If you combine the two, the end result haircuts will be awe-inspiring.
- Its great value for money.
- Accessory-rich packaging.
- Ability to deliver amazing fades and seamless blends.
- Accuracy, power, and preciseness.
However, you won’t like:
- The Legend’s flimsy guards.
- Frequent lever problems.
And there you have it – a list of seven top-class, professional clippers that every barber should consider buying.
Unfortunately, that’s not the only thing you need to know/do when shopping.
Read on to find out what comes next…
5 Things to Consider When Shopping for Barber Hair Clippers
It is a fact:
The hair clippers barbers use are not the same as the ones people use at home.
So, when you are shopping, here are a few things you’ll need to pay more attention to:
- Motor Power – In a professional setting, it’s always wise to anticipate high traffic periods. And that means that you’ll need to have a strong motor clipper to help you cut hair faster and easier.
- Blades – Motor power and high-quality, precision blades go hand-in-hand. Obviously, you need the best and most durable clipper blades to deliver the best haircuts.
- Guide Combs – As a barber, you also need to remember that you’ll be cutting all kinds of hair and that your clients will have different preferences regarding size and styling. Therefore, having enough guide combs is always better than none.
- Design – While the design might not be so important, it’s always a vital contributor to the aesthetics, comfort, and usability of a clipper.
- Flexibility and Handling – Seeing as you’ll be cutting a lot of hair from different clients, you need a clipper that’s not only flexible and convenient but also easy to handle. That way you won’t get tired easily.
With that in mind, here’s one more thing you should know…
5 Things Every Professional Barber Should Have
Yes! As a barber, there are some essentials that you need to have at all times.
- Cleaning and Maintenance Tools – These include a screwdriver pack, cleaning brushes, rugs, oil, and some isopropyl alcohol.
- Spare Parts – You should keep a few spare blades, guide combs, and power cords for emergency situations. The last thing you want is to abandon a client’s haircut mid-way just because you dropped and broke your Oster Classic 76 blade.
- A Travel Case – As a professional, you need to consider the fact that some of your clients might need you to go to them for a haircut. This is why, you need a strong, durable, and presentable carrying case that can carry all your essential tools safely and easily.
- Clipper Spray – It helps to keep your clippers germ-free and well-disinfected.
- Other Essentials – For example, hairstyling products, tweezers, scissors, towels, and so on.
And that’s a wrap…
You now have a wide variety of amazing choices from these top 7 best barber clippers 2021.
My best corded pick would be Andis Master (and cordless would be the 5-Star Magic Clip); these are two professional hair clippers that never disappoint.
And the best part is that you can buy one, two, or even all of the clippers above if your budget allows.
That way you can offer high-quality, convenient, and fast haircuts to your clients without any hassles.
Is there something else you’d want to know about these clippers?
Please, tell me about it in the comments section below.