Of late, a lot of people have been asking me:
“Hey, Mike. Which are the best home hair clippers for home use during this stay-at-home period?”
Let’s face it…
These past few months have had quite a large number of us confined to the safety of our homes due to COVID-19.
And because of that, things are not looking so good in the hair and grooming department.
You don’t have to wait until the pandemic is over for you to get a haircut; why not do it yourself?
That’s why I’ve compiled a list of the best home hair clippers to use in 2022…
Here we go:
7 Of the Best Hair Clippers for Home Use
Before we look at the list, each clipper here has been properly vetted for performance, affordability, durability, and usability.
That ensures that you get the best one for you with ease.
Wahl Clipper Home Barber Kit
The Wahl Home Barber Kit is arguably one of the best home haircutting kit options you have for self-cutting.
Well, aside from coming with complimentary hair trimmers, this 30-piece kit is packed with all the essentials needed to make professional-looking haircuts at home.
In this kit, you get:
- A beautifully crafted and comfortable to use hair clipper.
- Cordless personal and touch-up trimmers.
- Sufficient clipper guards.
- Cleaning tools.
- Hair clips.
- A spray bottle.
- A mirror and styling shears.
- A cape.
- Styling and barber combs.
- A classy storage case.
With all that packed in one kit, what more could you possibly need to cut your hair at home?
Aside from that, this clipper is quite easy to use.
- Packed with essential accessories.
- Powerful motor and self-sharpening, durable blades.
- Comes with complimentary hair trimmers.
- Mostly ideal for U.S. buyers due to electrical outlet configurations.
You can get this clipper for around $50 on Amazon and other leading online retailers.
Wahl Clipper Elite Pro
If you are interested in a clipper designed for home use but fitted with all the necessary features of a standard professional hair clipper, the Elite Pro is exactly what you need.
It is powered by a very robust motor that’s 15% more powerful than typical clipper motors.
And that’s not all…
It also comes with self-sharpening blades that are guaranteed to last longer and perform better than most others.
- Impressively precise.
- Great, durable motor and blades.
- Packed with premium accessories.
- Comes with a handy storage case.
- Heavy and can be tiresome for lengthy haircuts.
You should be ready to spend up to $60 for this clipper. But, given the features and functionalities it has to offer, I’d say it quite worth it.
Remington Hc4250 Shortcut Pro
The Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro is not only unique but also one of the best home hair clippers for beginners.
If you are a first-time home barber, this fist-sized hair clipper is your best bet at having a smooth and stress-free haircut.
Its miniature size makes it so flexible and comfortable to use; ensuring that you cut hair on all parts of your head with ease.
Quite affordable, don’t you think?
- The best home hair clipper for short haircuts like the buzzcut and crew cut.
- Curved blades for a more even and wide cut radius.
- Comes with guard combs.
- Extremely flexible and easy to use.
- A very short runtime (40 minutes).
The convenience, flexibility, and ease of using the Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro will set you back at least $53.
Panasonic Professional Cordless Hair Clipper
There’s something about cordless hair clippers that makes them the most suitable home hair cutting tools.
And the Panasonic Professional Cordless Hair Clipper (ER1611) has everything you need to prove that claim.
Well, it quite simple. This clipper is:
- Ergonomically designed.
- Very flexible to use.
- Has a powerful motor.
- Very precise in cutting
Huh! The list is endless.
So, why is it so pricey?
- It comes with a powerful and fast motor capable of 10,000rpm.
- It takes an hour to fully recharge the clipper and 50 minutes of runtime.
- It’s a premium home hair clipper that’s quite easy to use and handle.
- It’s strong, sharp blades can cut through wet and dry hair with ease.
- Not ideal for professionals or anyone shopping on a budget.
The price of the Panasonic Professional Cordless Hair Clipper (ER1611) is a bit steep with each unit going for at least $175.
Wahl Clipper Self-Cut Personal Haircutting Kit
Unlike the other corded clippers on this list, the Wahl Clipper Self-Cut Personal Haircutting Kit clipper is the only one that’s not only aesthetically appealing but also effortlessly lives up to Wahl’s reputation as a first-class brand.
For one, it’s quite compact and has a nice comfy feel; that means that you can cut hair for long without getting fatigued.
Also, it comes with numerous clipper accessories just like the Elite Pro and Home Barber.
Which means you get more value for your money.
- Comes with all the necessities you need to make quality home haircuts.
- It’s affordable and well-designed.
- This clipper is powerful enough to cut all kinds of hair.
- Self-sharpening blades.
- Advertised motor power isn’t guaranteed.
- Can be noisy and dangerously sharp at times.
To get a Wahl Clipper Self-Cut Personal Haircutting Kit, you’ll have to spend at least $50. Which, in my opinion, is quite affordable.
Oster Fast Feed Clipper
Aside from being one of the best mens hair clippers for home use, the Oster Fast Feed is also one of the most silent hair clippers on the market.
What’s funny is that its whisper-quiet nature is complimented by a very powerful motor; hence, you’ll be cutting through hair easily and without any noisy inconveniences.
And that’s not all…
This awesome clipper comes in a very comfortable, textured design and look that makes it easy to grip and use.
Also, it has adjustable blades that make it easy for you to switch through haircut lengths with ease and speed.
Great for anyone looking for a fading clipper.
- Super quiet operation.
- It’s one of the most ideal home hair cutters for fades.
- Ergonomic design and comfortable to handle.
- Powerful motor and impressive Cryogen-X blades.
- Long power cord for added flexibility.
- Doesn’t come with enough accessories.
- A bit pricey.
An Oster Fast Feed Adjustable Pivot Motor Clipper costs around $100 in most leading retail shops.
Remington HKVAC2000A Vacuum Haircut Kit
Last on our list of the best clippers for home use is the Remington HKVAC2000A Vacuum Haircut Kit.
From its name, it easy to tell that there’s something special about this hair clipper.
Care to guess?
Well, it comes fitted with a vacuum pump that pulls in hair clippings into its vacuum chamber; that way, the whole process becomes clean and less messy for you.
Another thing that makes this clipper one of the best home haircut clippers is the fact that it comes with numerous accessories for high-quality home hair clipping.
- Less messy due to vacuum functionality.
- Very affordable.
- High-precision blades.
- Powerful motor.
- Weak body; easy to break than other clippers in the event of a fall.
Amazingly, you can get this home hair cutting tool for just under $45 in most retail stores and online shops.
That’s it – the top seven best-selling and best home hair clippers.
Any of these clippers is guaranteed to give you a proper home haircut without any hassle.
Your budget and preferences will help you choose the most ideal for you.
I hope this post was useful.
Is there any other best home haircut kit that should have been on this list?
If there is, let me know in the comments section below.